Recreation Program Assistant
Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
Recreation Program Assistant
We are searching for a full time team member who is skilled at planning programs and events for seniors, who is compassionate and energetic!
Being self-directed, taking initiative and working well with a team are very important qualities in this individual. Reporting directly to the Recreation Manager, you will assist with assessing residents recreational needs and interests and develop creative, meaningful recreation programs based on the dimensions of wellness that engage our independent and cognitively impaired residents. Our residents love to have fun and we hope you do too!
- Minimum 1 year experience planning and implementing recreation programs.
- Experience working with seniors and cognitive impairments including Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Ability to effectively read, write and communicate in English.
- Demonstration of a caring and compassionate attitude while working with team members, residents, volunteers and external community partners.
- It would be an asset if you bring some special skills that will add to our programming- for example, music, dancing, fitness, or art therapy experience.
- Proficiency with the computer. (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams, Power Point)
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Seniors fitness certification an asset
- Smart Serve considered an asset
- Knowledge of the RHRA legislation requirements
- Drivers License and ability to obtain special class license
- Plan and implement daily, hands-on activities in a courteous, compassionate and enthusiastic manner which promotes a feeling of well-being and security in residents.
- Implement age-appropriate activities for residents according to their abilities and interests. Promoting respect and dignity while taking into consideration any limitations.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly programs as well as promotion of activities and events.
- Present a professional and positive image of the residence to the public.
- Provide administrative support as required.
- Present a professional and positive image of Harmony Hill at all times
Hours of Work: Days, some evenings and every other Saturday. Flexible hours required for special events.
If you are looking to join an amazing team, love to work with seniors and are dedicated to making a difference, Apply Today!
Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.