Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
Full Time Cook Position
- 40 hours per week
- Combination 6:00am - 2:00pm and 10:30am - 6:30pm
- This position will include working Days, Evenings and Weekends
- Current Food Handling Certificate
- Police Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Proof/clearance of Tuberculosis screening
- experience in large quantity food preparation
- Passion to demonstrate a creative flair for menu planning, food preparation and presentation.
- Knowledgeable of special and therapeutic diets.
- Physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand for majority of shift.
- Able to work accurately, quickly, and safely.
- Able to increase or decrease recipes to meet the needs of the facility.
- An effective team player who works quickly & communicates well.
- Must be able to read, write and accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be an effective team player who works well with and teaches others.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with senior residents.
- Fine dining/banquet experience preferred
- Red Seal certification preferred
- Experience as a cook with Cook 1 designation preferred.
- Prepare foods for residents, & guests.
- Review menus before preparing meals and prepares and serves them properly and attractively.
- Ensures, practices and teaches use of proper food handling techniques.
- Prepares and serves foods for therapeutic diets according to planned menus.
- Must be willing to visit the dining room regularly after plating and during meal service to greet residents and get to know them, and gauge the success of the meal.
- Assists in dish and pan washing
- Assists in serving meals and beverages, following resident’s dietary requirements, using preferred portion sizes
- All other duties as assigned
Experience of at least one year cook, some familiarity with retirement residences, aware of kitchen sanitization practices, inventory control.
Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.