Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
Recreation Specialist; Full Time
The Recreation Specialist assists in the day-to-day planning, implementing and evaluating of resident-centered programs to meet the various physical, cognitive, emotional, social, intellectual, and spiritual needs of the residents.
- Diploma/Degree or Certificate in Recreation, Leisure Studies, Gerontology or equivalent
- 2+ years of Recreation experience in a retirement or similar setting
- Valid Ontario Class G Driver's license to transport residents by van
- Smart Serve Certification
- Current First Aid and CPR certification an asset
- Available Days, Evenings and Weekends
- Regularly report to the Recreation Manager
- Carry out daily, hands-on activities in a courteous, compassionate and enthusiastic manner which promotes a feeling of well-being and security in residents
- Independently implement meaningful, age-appropriate activities in an appropriate manner while taking into consideration each resident’s dignity, abilities & limitations
- Participate in team meetings and assist in the planning of programs with residents' interest in mind
- Distribute newsletters, calendars, and special event notices
- Set up programs independently, including moving tables and chairs, as required, and assists in transporting residents to and from programs, when needed
- Ability to stand for long periods, lift up to 30lbs independently and withstand consistent physical activity such as bending frequently to pick up bean bags or bowling pins repeatedly for the duration of the program, up to one hour.
- Maintain accurate and complete records, as required
- Maintain effective communication and good human relations with residents, families, volunteers, and team members; keeping them informed of current and upcoming events
- Present a positive image of the residence to the public
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in the Adelaide Place Code of Conduct
If you are looking to join an amazing team, love to work with seniors and are dedicated to making a difference, Apply Today!
Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.