Regional Manager of Operations
Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
Regional Manager of Operations
We are searching for a dynamic team member to join our senior operational team. The right candidate will share our core values of being Dedicated, Caring and Resourceful and act with integrity. You have the desire to lead and inspire people to be their best which results in excellent service for our residents. You will have extensive experience in retirement living operations, financial acumen, and a confident leadership style, that will allow you to step right into your role of supporting our 8 residences.
If you are seeking a meaningful job, being a part of a collaborative team who works with autonomy, where people come first; we would like to hear from you!
Qualifications & Experience
- A genuine passion for people and the senior living industry.
- Someone strong enough to take a risk; vulnerable enough to admit mistakes
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent service.
- Graduate of a post-secondary education program in business, hospitality, health care, or another relevant program
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience in retirement living or equivalent inspiring people in both union & non-union settings.
- Able to provide insightful, actionable, support to the Executive
- Background as an Executive Director/ GM is an asset
- Knowledge of how COVID has affected the current industry.
- Demonstrated ability to support team members through challenges; excellent problem-solving skills.
- Results orientated with demonstration of being a self-starter possessing the ability to work independently and able to influence in the absence of direct authority.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent financial analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to Educate adults and large group presentations.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office, MS Teams, & the ability to learn new software easily.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills,
- A valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the region (Peterborough to Hamilton)
- The satisfactory outcome of a professional reference check and a criminal record check
Does this sound like what you love to do?
- Share our core values of being Caring; Dedicated & Resourceful
- Provide operational leadership & support to each Executive Director.
- Lead with empathy.
- Support operations policy and procedure development, revisions, & implementation.
- Understand & interpret industry regulations:
- Retirement Homes Act, Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Act, Residential Tenancy Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Public Health Act and other applicable legislation.
- Support EDs through regulatory inspections & learnings from any outcomes
- Support analyzing budgets, operational efficiencies and financial statements
- Experience opening new builds an asset.
- Some leadership experience in dietary or nursing departments will be an asset
- Support the marketing & sales efforts in each residence.
- Understand the industry market and competitive playing field.
- Implement Resident Satisfaction Survey process & action plans.
- Support EDs through investigations & complaints escalated to Head Office.
- Enjoy researching innovative technology, new ideas, possibilities.
If you are looking for the next step in your career in retirement living, and want to join a dynamic team, we can't wait to hear from you!
Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.