People & Engagement Manager
Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
People & Engagement Manager
We are searching for a new team member to complement our senior operational support team. The right candidate will share our core values of being Dedicated, Caring and Resourceful. You will have experience in Human Resources that will allow you to step right into your role of supporting our 8 residences with excellent coaching skills, stimulating engagement skills, and driving the Greenwood culture. This role does not have any payroll responsibilities.
If you are seeking a meaningful job, being a part of a collaborative team who works with autonomy, where people come first; we would like to hear from you!
- Certification / Degree in Human Resources or equivalent
- 1-3 years’ experience engaging people
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the region (Peterborough to Hamilton)
- Able to provide insightful, actionable, support to the Executive Directors.
- Ability to provide guidance and support to managers on employment legislation, HR policies, employee and labour relations and other HR matters.
- Exceptional knowledge of ESA, & Labor Relations Act
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience offering Leadership Training
- Managing the progressive discipline process
- Effective coaching conversations
- Conducting HR related Investigations
- HR oversight
- Collective Bargaining
- Talent management & Succession planning
- Policy and procedure revisions, implementation of new processes and procedures, program roll outs, compliance, etc.
- Support and assist with leave management files (LOA, STSP, LTD, WSIB, bereavement, maternity etc.), including the gradual return to work program and process.
Training & Education
- Oversee the development and strategy of company Training & Education programs
- Drive the Greenwood Leadership Retreat planning
Wellness & Engagement
- Develop, plan & implement employee wellness programs. Ie Discount programs, Employee Assistance Program
- Implement, monitor and assess employee engagement processes
- Drive & enhance the Greenwood Culture
- Oversee the planning and development of the annual Summer Fun initiative
Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.