Housekeeping Team Member
Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
HOUSEKEEPING/LAUNDRY Service Team Member
ABOUT THE ROLE
The housekeeping attendant is a key member of the team. They are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the home, ensuring that visitors, residents, and families have a pleasant and safe environment to live and work in.
Hours of Work
Approximately 10 - 15 hours weekly plus relief work. Every other weekend is required.
- Exhibits a caring, nurturing attitude while demonstrating a true concern for the residents they support.
- Able to make responsible choices that uphold optimal customer service and support resident’s best interest.
- Required to provide Police Vulnerable Sector check upon hire.
- Required to complete Orientation and all ORCA and in house training courses.
- Understand WHMIS and the importance of keeping all cleaning materials under close watch at all times.
- Requires an individual who takes direction well from both their supervisor and the residents we serve. This position requires the ability to balance a task oriented approach with good interpersonal skills that support the dignity of residents.
- Sensitive to the needs of seniors
- Able to manage priorities and multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Must be flexible, able to life 50lbs. Able to use proper body mechanics to maintain optimal health
Duties include cleaning of common areas, project cleaning, as well as the weekly cleaning of the resident’s room. Housekeeping attendants work closely with the Unregulated Care Providers to ensure that all daily and weekly assigned cleaning tasks are completed. Laundry duties required as needed.
“Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.”