Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
Hours of Work:
1 Part-Time - School Leave June 2020
36.25 bi-weekly, plus call in and vacation coverage
Preference will be given to individuals who have experience in hospitality, retirement living, and a food handlers certificate.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Able to read, write and accurately follow written and verbal instructions
- Knowledge of basic sanitation controls and use of cleaning supplies
- Kitchen experience would be an asset
- Ability to use necessary precautions with regards to food safety and hygiene standards
- Able to work accurately, quickly and safely
- Organized, an effective worker and effective TEAM player
- Possesses a positive attitude and patience with residents and fellow staff members
- Physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand for the majority of the shift
- Able to plan and organize desserts and dish-washing station
- The dietary aid is responsible for ensuring that all mealtimes are a pleasant dining experience on a consistent basis for the resident and their families.
- To ensure that services are delivered in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- Maintain confidentiality of all facility information.
- Assist with preparation and set up of dining rooms for meal service, take resident meal orders and serve meals. Dessert prep and plating as needed
- Dish-washing and kitchen duties as per posted job routine
If you are a reliable, hard worker, we would love to hear from you! Students are welcome to apply.
“Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.