Cook /Dining Room Server
Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
Cook / Dining Room Server
Temporary; Part Time
Hours of Work:
48 hours biweekly. This role will be around 34 hours as a dining room server and 14 hours as a Cook.
Must be available to work a variety of shifts.
Every other weekend
About The Role:
The Cook/Dining Room Server is a key member of the team. They are responsible for providing a dining experience for the residents and guests and ensuring that visitors, residents, and families have a pleasant and safe environment.
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Exhibits a caring, nurturing attitude while demonstrating a true concern for the residents that they serve.
- Preferably has experience in large quantity food preparation, preferably in hospitality or a fine Retirement Residence, or other pertinent setting.
- Must be able to read, write and accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must demonstrate a creative flair for menu planning, food preparation and presentation.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Ontario Food Premises Regulation and Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating.
- Must be knowledgeable of special and therapeutic diets.
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand for majority of shift.
- Must be able to work accurately, quickly, and safely.
- Must be able to increase or decrease recipes to meet the needs of the facility.
- Must be an effective team player who works well with and teaches others.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with senior residents.
- Must have leadership ability and be able to direct the Dining Services department in the absence of the FSM.
- Make sure to do food samples and date all products in freezer and fridge
- The dietary server is responsible for ensuring that all mealtimes are a pleasant dining experience on a consistent basis for the resident and their families.
- To ensure that services are delivered in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- Maintain confidentiality of all facility information.
- Assist with preparation and set up of dining rooms for meal service, take resident meal orders and serve meals.
- Assist after meals with dining room and servery clean up
If you love working with people, and make each day a little brighter for seniors, we would love to hear from you!
“Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.”