PSW (Personal Support Worker) Casual
Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
Personal Support Worker (PSW)
Hours of Work - Relief Schedule
Variety of shifts available.
Must be available for 11pm - 7am shifts
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Certified in CPR and First Aid required
- Current TB testing
- Current criminal reference check including vulnerable sector screen
- Exhibits caring and compassion while working with residents.
- Experience in retirement home or long term care setting
- Knowledge of memory care and medication administration would be an asset.
- Required to complete Orientation and all ORCA and in house training courses.
- Ability to prioritize, demonstrate flexibility and understanding.
- Must be flexible on short notice
- Ensure that all decisions and actions are responsible and in the resident’s best interest.
- Speaks and writes English well.
•Performs those functions which provide for the support and care of residents with an acceptable standard of skill, with a sense of responsibility and respect for privacy and dignity.
•Assists in the process of observing, reporting and documenting the changes in the residents’ physical and emotional condition.
•Implement the plans of care for assigned residents as outlined by the Director of Care, and provides input into care plans.
•Documents as per the home’s policies.
•Promotes comfort and safety for the residents.
•Promotes independence and wellness.
•Maintains effective communication and good human relations with residents, families and staff of other departments, using the appropriate lines of communication.
Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.