Housekeeper/Laundry Team Member
Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
Housekeeper/Laundry Team member
Hours of Work - Part Time
up to 60 hours bi-weekly, day work only - shifts 8am -4pm
About the Role
As a housekeeping attendant you will be key member of the team. You will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the home, ensuring that visitors, residents, and families have a pleasant and safe environment to live and work in.
- You exhibit a caring, nurturing attitude while demonstrating a true concern for the residents you support.
- You are able to make responsible choices that uphold optimal customer service and support residents' best interest.
- You are able to communicate effectively in English.
- You are able to work accurately, quickly, and safely.
- Experience with cleaning and cleaning products would be an asset
- Ability to work unsupervised
- You possess good judgment and problem solving skills
- You are an individual who takes direction well from both their supervisor and the residents we serve.
- This position requires the ability to balance a task oriented approach with good interpersonal skills that support the dignity of residents.
- You are sensitive to the needs of seniors
- You have or are willing to get knowledge of WHMIS
- You are able to manage priorities and multi-task
•Employee Assistance program
•A culture of engagement
•Continuing education opportunities
•Annual Staff Appreciation days
•Opportunity for growth
If you love working with people, and make each day a little brighter for seniors, we would love to hear from you!
“Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.”