Executive Director for Winchester Glen
Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
This is a fantastic opportunity to open a brand new property in Fall 2020. We are looking for someone to join the Greenwood team right away, where your responsibilities will include building an exceptional team and welcoming the very first resident. This is a unique chance to excel and succeed in building a strong, efficient, loving community for all the residents and team members to enjoy.
Executive Director at Winchester Glen Retirement Community
Permanent Full time
We are searching for an experienced, empathetic leader in retirement living management to share their passion with the team, residents and family members at Winchester Glen Retirement Community.
At Greenwood Retirement Communities, our Executive Directors are resourceful, compassionate leaders who love their job. We are looking for someone who will lead by example and embrace the autonomy (and therefore the responsibility) given to you to manage the operations of the community.
- Lead all departments in the home, ensuring exceptional customer service for all residents, at any time of day or night.
- Provide the highest level of care to all residents, ensuring systems and processes are maintained.
- Engage all staff members and empower your managers to lead their teams, setting them up to succeed.
- Manage the annual budget to meet financial targets.
- Engage with the local community to support sales and high occupancy rates.
- Resolve the requests and concerns of residents and their families when required.
- Handle employee relations with unionized employees, including negotiations of Collective Agreements.
- Assist managers in hiring, training, guiding, supporting and disciplining all employees.
- Models and promotes a positive team spirit, and a warming and inviting environment.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Shares our core values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Honesty & Excellence in Service.
- Will lead through our core competencies of being Resourceful, Caring and Dedicated.
- Believes a team can achieve remarkable things by working together.
- Has a minimum 3 years experience in progressive leadership roles in the industry or equivalent.
- Has experience being part of a 'new build' opening team.
- Has excellent coaching & interpersonal skills .
- Is knowledgeable of the RHA, and other regulatory authorities for Retirement Living.
- Has Sales/Marketing experience, and budgeting skills.
- Has excellent computer skills, spread sheets, email & Word documents.
- Has excellent customer service skills.
- Has excellent communication skills in English.
If you have a passion for working with seniors, love leading by example and are ready to work with autonomy; we would love to hear from you!
If you are confident you are the right fit for the role of Executive Director for Winchester Glen Retirement Community, we look forward to hearing from you!
In addition to a competitive wage, you will find Greenwood offers thoughtful employee perks; from employee discount programs & team building fun to opportunities for education and growth.
Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.