Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
ABOUT HARMONY HILL
We are dedicated to offering comfort, security and friendship in perfect harmony.
Maintenance Assistant - Part Time
The Environmental Assistant assists in the day-to-day operation of the maintenance functions of the residence .The primary responsibility is maintaining a clean, safe, and comfortable environment for the residents and staff and maintaining confidentiality of all facility information. This is accomplished by having a working knowledge of all building systems and related code requirements, including fire protection and security, structural, HVAC, and electrical and plumbing. The position requires a team player with sound organizational skills that interacts positively with all team members in maintaining census by immediately preparing vacant rooms for new residents and by responding to and resolving complaints promptly
Hours of Work:
22.50 hours per week
Includes weekdays and every other weekend
- Possesses a solid understanding of systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical and mechanical.
- Possesses a basic understanding of safety and fire codes.
- Able to make responsible choices and decisions and act in a resident’s best interest. Exhibits caring and compassion while working with residents.
- Required to provide Police Vulnerable Sector Check upon hire.
- Required to complete Orientation and all ORCA and in house training courses.
- Must be flexible to work evenings & weekends.
- Able to prioritize and multi task.
Environmental Services Manager
In addition to a competitive wage, you will find Greenwood offers thoughtful employee perks; from employee discount programs & team building fun to opportunities for education and growth.
If you have a passion for working with seniors, love working as a team, and are ready to move into a assistant management role; we would love to hear from you!
Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.