Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
Hours of Work: 15 hours Bi-Weekly, every other weekend, plus call in hours
- Great communication skills over the phone and in person
- "People person" who enjoys spending time with older adults
- A person who is both self motivated and self directed
- Previous experience in a retirement residence is an asset
- Experience with office procedures and equipment required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs required
- Patience, tolerance and politeness when responding to residents and visitors.
- Excellent ability to speak, read and write English. Must be able to follow oral and written directions and to do simple arithmetic calculations.
- Present a positive and professional image of the residence to the public.
- Provide administrative support as required.
- Provide initial face-to-face and telephone contact with visitors. Provide direction to visitors and callers and/or notify appropriate people as required.
- Provide personal and telephone contact with residents. Attend to the needs of the residents and/or notify appropriate people as required.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Be knowledgeable of and practice residence's fire and safety programs.
- General housekeeping duties, assist PSW nursing staff during emergencies
Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.