Director of Care (in Lindsay, Ontario)
Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
Director of Care
Adelaide Place Retirement Community in Lindsay, Ontario is searching for a Director of Care (to cover a maternity leave) for a 15-month contract position to join this dedicated, collaborative team. If you are an enthusiastic leader who has a passion for working with seniors, we want to hear from you!
The Director of Care’s primary role is directing professional nursing care for all residents in the home. You will lead and support the wellness team to provide excellent service for our residents. You will lead the assessment of all resident needs and plan, implement, and evaluate the care needs. You will work in close collaboration with our Executive Director, Marketing Manager, attending physicians, residents, family members, external care providers and all other department managers.
Hours of Work: Full Time management role with Manager on Duty weekend responsibilities once every 8 weeks.
- Current Registration and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a nursing role
- Minimum 1+ years’ experience as a direct supervisor or manager
- Medication Administration Skills using EMar system an asset
- Knowledge of Point Click Care an asset
- Experience in a Retirement Residence setting preferred
- Knowledge of the RHA and other relevant legislation
- Excellent computer skills, spread sheets, email & Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent Customer Service & Leadership skills with a passion for leading a positive team environment.
- Experience with managing Outbreaks in a Long-Term Care/Retirement Home setting an asset
- Strong understanding of infection control and Public Health guidelines
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license and provide a vehicle to perform the duties of this position
The Director of Care we are looking for shares our Core Competencies:
- Caring Leader who makes other's and their needs the primary focus of one's actions.
- Resourceful team member who takes action when faced with potential roadblocks to success.
- Dedicated manager who takes personal responsibility with initiative and pride to achieve results.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
- Have demonstrated ability to assess the health status of a resident
- Have experience in leading a team through change
- Have the drive to lead our nursing team with empathy and devotion.
- Have proven ability to manage multiple priorities at once
If you have a passion for working with seniors, love working as a team, and are ready to lead a team in this management role; we would love to hear from you!
In addition to a competitive wage, you will find Greenwood offers thoughtful employee perks; from employee discount programs & team building fun to opportunities for education and growth.
Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.