Housekeeper/Laundry Team Member
Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
Hours of Work - Part time
12 hours bi-weekly. 6 hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday every other week.
About the Role
The laundry/housekeeping attendant is a key member of the team. They are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the home, ensuring that visitors, residents, and families have a pleasant and safe environment to live and work in.
- Exhibits a caring, nurturing attitude while demonstrating a true concern for the residents they support.
- Able to make responsible choices that uphold optimal customer service and support resident’s best interest.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to work accurately, quickly, and safely.
- Possess good judgment and problem solving skills
- Requires an individual who takes direction well from both their supervisor and the residents we serve.
- This position requires the ability to balance a task oriented approach with good interpersonal skills that support the dignity of residents.
- Able to manage priorities and multi-task
- Willing to be trained in various departments
- Experience in residential housekeeping or laundry an asset.
If you love working with people, and make each day a little brighter for seniors, we would love to hear from you!
“Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.”