Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
Full Time Salaried position. Required to work days, evenings and 2 weekends per month.
This position is responsible to the Recreation Manager.
- Fitness Instructor able to conduct seated fitness classes
- Smart Serve
- F license
- Creative, sociable and outgoing with a positive attitude
- Experience in retirement living preferred
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Patience, tolerance and politeness when responding to residents and visitors to the residence.
- Ability to speak read and write English.
- Carry out daily, hand-on activities in a courteous, compassionate and enthusiastic manner which promotes a feeling of well-being and security in residents
- Implement age appropriate activities for residents in a manner appropriate for residents’ abilities and which take dignity issues & physical limitations into consideration.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly activity material; distribute calendars and special event notices
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete records of care delivered
- Present a positive image of the residence to the public.
- Provide administrative support as required.
“Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.”