Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
Full Time Line Cook Position
- 60 hours Bi-weekly
- This position will include working Days, Evenings and Weekends
- Including every other weekend
- Current Food Handling Certificate
- Police Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Proof/clearance of Tuberculosis screening
- experience in large quantity food preparation
- Passion to demonstrate a creative flair for menu planning, food preparation and presentation.
- Knowledgeable of special and therapeutic diets.
- Physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand for majority of shift.
- Able to work accurately, quickly, and safely.
- Able to increase or decrease recipes to meet the needs of the facility.
- An effective team player who works quickly & communicates well.
- Must be able to read, write and accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be an effective team player who works well with and teaches others.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with senior residents.
- Fine dining/banquet experience preferred
- Red Seal certification preferred
- Experience as a cook with Cook 1 designation preferred.
- Prepare foods for residents, & guests.
- Review menus before preparing meals and prepares and serves them properly and attractively.
- Ensures, practices and teaches use of proper food handling techniques.
- Prepares and serves foods for therapeutic diets according to planned menus.
- Must be willing to visit the dining room regularly after plating and during meal service to greet residents and get to know them, and gauge the success of the meal.
- Assists in dish and pan washing
- Assists in serving meals and beverages, following resident’s dietary requirements, using preferred portion sizes
- All other duties as assigned