Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
This role assists in the preparation of meals for residents and guests using production checks and standardized recipes.
Hours: scheduled for 67.50 hrs Bi-Weekly, variety of days/evenings and weekend shifts
Responsibilities (include but are limited to):
- Assists in the preparation of meals for residents and guests under the direction of the Executive Chef
- Assists in the preparation of meals for special events in a manner that promotes a positive image and reputation to the public at large
- Ensures compliance with safe food handling practices and public health requirements
- Assists in the preparation and cooking of meals according to pre-set menus and special dietary requirements of residents and guests
- Prepare and measure cooking ingredients and performs basic cooking techniques
- Assists in making salads and sandwiches as well as plating meals
- Maintains a clean and orderly kitchen, washing utensils and dishes, sanitizing work surfaces and tracking duties
- Assists in receiving and storing incoming food and supplies
- Complete daily temperature audits of all appropriate work areas
- Performs other related duties as required
- Experience in a volume food preparation environment - preferably in a retirement or long term care residence
- Red Seal Certification
- Current Safe Food Handling Certification
- Team Player
- Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to organize and effectively prioritize work under strict time constraints
- Experience in Retirement Home setting is an asset
- Must be able to operate related equipment
- Must possess high standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- Excellent Customer Service skills. You will posses a can-do attitude and promote a positive work environment
If you have a passion for working with seniors, love working as a team, and are ready to move into this role; we would love to hear from you!
Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.