Maintenance Person/ Handyman
Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
Maintenance Person / Handyman
We are searching for an energetic Maintenance Person who loves working with people and fixing things!
Reports to: Executive Director.
Your key duties will include (but aren’t limited to):
- Working knowledge of all building systems including:
- Building codes, fire regulations, HVAC systems, & refrigeration systems
- DHW Boilers, Water Softener System, Fan Coils Units, Cooling Systems, PM System Maintenance
- Plumbing and general maintenance skills
- Managing for quality and completion of work by outside contractors.
- Prioritizing and responding to maintenance requests promptly.
- Prepare, paint, & finish vacant resident suites so they are ready for new residents without delay.
- Communicate effectively in English.
- Quality control and building inspection for ongoing site improvement
The Ideal Candidate
This role is well suited to someone with an unwavering commitment to exceptional service delivery. The prospect of maintaining high standards is exciting to you. You enjoy a challenge, are accepting of feedback and love to be busy! You are passionate about collaborating with the team to provide the best service possible for our residents.
To qualify, you must be a task driven, organized person with proven maintenance skills. You also communicate effectively, in English, have basic computer skills and take direction well. You communicate relevant information to your peers and Executive Director in a timely manner. Your focus on occupational health & safety is always at the forefront. You will demonstrate a positive and professional manner at all times and be an empathetic, hands-on team member. You will enjoy working with older adults and can find patience when your services are under demand.
If you’re looking to use your maintenance skills in a rewarding team environment, this could be the right opportunity for you! Please submit your application today.
Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.