Do you enjoy being part of a team who believes that together, they can achieve remarkable things?
Do you want to work in a culture where people take care of people?
Do you want a chance to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you value the opportunity to grow and learn?
Recreation Manager; Full Time
We are searching for an energetic, experienced program and volunteer coordinator for this full time management role which reports directly to the Executive Director. You will meet with residents to assess their recreational needs & interests. Then, you will be responsible for developing creative, innovative and meaningful recreation programs based on the dimensions of wellness and our residents’ needs. You will commit to recruit, orient, train, assign and recognize volunteers and co-op students as integral parts of the program. It is also imperative that you will work closely with all team members and volunteers to develop and coach a cohesive approach to running successful recreational programs.
- Post-secondary education program relating to recreation, gerontology, social work, or proven related experience a requirement
- Experience in memory care programming an asset
- Valid G license with clean drivers abstract
- Certification in behavioral training courses such as GPA, P.I.E.C.E.S, or Montessori methods will be considered an asset
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Prior leadership experience a strong asset
- Ability to demonstrate leadership while motivating team members and volunteers to become genuinely involved in activities.
- Ability to make decisions that respect the residents' choices and follow policies and procedures and creatively problem solve
- Demonstrate organizational skills and ability to co-ordinate and plan
- Experience in volunteer management
- Ability to effectively read, write and communicate in English
- Demonstration of a caring and compassionate attitude while working with team members, residents, volunteers and external community participants.
- Proficiency with office equipment (phone systems, computer, fax, copiers, word, excel, publisher, database management etc.).
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings, weekend, & scheduled manager on duty shifts.
If you are looking to join an amazing team, love to work with seniors and are dedicated to making a difference, Apply Today!
Greenwood Retirement Communities is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Greenwood Retirement Communities if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Greenwood Retirement Communities will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.